Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pregnancy

My Glamorous Pregnancy

Well, needless to say, this post is long overdue!! But here are some belly pics I've collected...

12 weeks 
At this point I was so worn out and fighting constant nausea. It really was like I had stepped into someone else's body. Everything was different - from my skin and hair to how I felt. I was so thankful to have a desk job that wasn't too demanding on me physically! Every day was a battle. I was so blessed to have understanding coworkers who wouldn't even bat an eye lash when I came bolting through the hallway to the washroom. I will stop there ;)

15 weeks
I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror to find a pronounced bump that wasn't there the day before!! I came running into our bedroom, "TIMMY, LOOK!!! It's real! I have a baby bump!" I was soo excited to LOOK pregnant!

Very excited about my bump!


17 weeks
Getting so anxious to find out the sex of the baby! I was so sure it was a boy. I truly thought my "maternal instincts" were right. Haha. bologna...

18.5 weeks
My hair greatly suffered during these first few months. ;) Perfecting my locks was the last thing I thought about! The heat from my blow dryer made me feel so nauseous. I frequently sported a nice wet french braid. Yes...to work! It was hard to look in the mirror and search for the Ashton I was used to seeing. She wasn't there anymore. I was replaced by a worn out, forgetful, sick and washed out version of myself. I did not experience the "glow" some woman get and I felt guilty that I didn't feel more enthusiastic and energized. I would try and focus on the miracle happening inside my body - and just how blessed we were to be having a baby of our own.

21 weeks
Looking white as a sheet! 

23 weeks
On our "babymoon" in Vegas for my birthday! It was so nice to get some sun! Our trip was at the perfect time! I was starting to feel so much better, and was having less "sick" episodes. I was also still able to walk great distances without getting too tired. We had such a blast! I am so glad we took the time to get away just the two of us. Good thing swim suits are stretchy! ;)

IT'S A GIRL!!!
Soooo excited - and for myself and my family, a bit surprised! Guess I was wrong about the boy inside me! I ended up having several ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy, and each time I would ask the tech what she thought the sex was. each time I got a "girl" response. It was nice to hear it more than once. Afterall, they make mistakes sometimes, so I went ahead and decorated the nursery after the third "looks like a girl". We started to daydream about our little girl. What would she look like? Tim and I look nothing alike...so what would our "combo" look like?? 

25 weeks
Starting to waddle and needing to pull the seat belt quite a bit more than I am used to. So very excited to start counting down the weeks!

27 weeks
I think I can, I think I can...

34 weeks
Me and my basketball!! I carried so high and round - I literally felt like there was a 15 bowling ball strapped to my tummy. I suppose that's not far off! I felt very large at this point in my pregnancy. Around week 36 I began to drop and felt much less pressure around my ribs. 

OK, so my pregnancy wasn't all that glamorous, but I would do it again in a heart beat. It was so amazing to feel my baby kick and stretch inside me. It was such a miracle to read about the milestones my baby was surpassing. It was worth putting my vanity aside, and embracing this new phase of my life. I could not have imagined just how special the birth of my precious Renne would be, or just how much I would love her. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ashton!! You are so beautiful. It's crazy what the body has to go through eh? you look amazing and Renne is the sweetest. Thank you so much for the update and sharing your journey with everyone! Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are adorable Ash!

    ReplyDelete