Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Arizona trip!

Oh Arizona!! I now understand all of the hype. I cannot believe how wonderful it is down there! Truly! My mom, my sister Bryanne, my Auntie Shari, my girls and I had the BEST time on our girls trip. We relaxed, tanned, shopped, swam, went on runs, swam some more, ate delicious food, went on adventures, it was everything I could have wanted.We stayed in a huge house with it's own pool and hot tub, and a park across the street! I have to say, it was HEAVEN and the perfect trip to do with your kids. After a week, Tim and my dad came and spent 4 days with us. We made some really treasured memories. I plan to go back as soon as possible. Tomorrow would be great.




Tanning and dirty cokes while the girls nap? Yes please!! 

I just can't get enough of this silly billy. We went running together every. single. day. It was amazing! We almost died (not actually) running through the dessert. Gooood times. Watch out for scorpions! 

-->We actually found 5 scorpions inside the house and by the pool! One afternoon I heard my mom SCREAM so loud and there was one on her lawn chair just inches from her leg where Addie was sitting. Haha it was actually ridiculous. What a sight we were screaming and chasing the scorpion around and then we finally decided drowning it was the best idea..? Don't ask...Soooo we threw it into the pool and watched it slowly die. With my dad and his nurses on Facetime laughing at us! It took so long! It started to really mess with our heads and some of us could hardly sleep by the end knowing we had seen one in our bedroom just hours before I put the girls down. Anyway, I was happy to say goodbye to those disgusting critters. Luckily no stings this trip though! :)


Soooooooo happy to have Tim join us. What a difference it makes when Daddy is around!! I love this man.

Fun in the pool with Grandma! 

Fun at the Dessert Botanical Gardens

I totally expected a super dry dessert, which Phoenix is haha, but it also is so beautiful!! The vegetation was unlike anything I had ever seen and was breathtaking. I loved exploring.

My cute mom





I think i'm being a rabbit or something. Will I ever stop embarrassing myself?



My chub-a-lub just chilling.


We are huge fans of Nike Frees I guess.


My busy sweet girlie

We decided super last minute to go see the Cardinals play. It was crazy hectic parking and getting in (we found out they won't allow anything but clear bags inside and Tim had to run the diaper bag back to the van 2 km away! I felt so bad. Once we were in our seats it was a total blast! I have never been to an NFL game before! 

Addie was a trooper until the very end when it got too loud for her little ears. The noise was unreal!

I was super worried Renne would be done after 20 minutes, but she loved every minute. She sat on Tim's lap just gazing and taking it all in. She loved to follow the mascot running around and I think the noise completely shocked her to the point of speechlessness (which is seriously rare for this one) She talked about the football game and the "red bird" for weeks afterward. 



Nothing like a wonderful family getaway! (And some sun!)
Thanks for the party Phoenix. Hope we can do this again soon!

3 comments: