Sunday, March 22, 2015

Renne is 2!!

I cannot believe this adorable twerpy is 2! Well, maybe I can, the tantrums do suggest it ;) But really, when did this happen? When did I say it was ok for her to grow up?! I can't get over this picture! She looks like she could by 6!!! I teared up after I took it because she is so pretty but way too big! I love how much of her dad I see in that sweet face.

Renne is obsessed with strawberries, so I decided to do a strawberry themed party. Since we got back from the hospital a few days before, I was a bit rushed getting things organized, but we had some really yummy food and lots of friends and family could come celebrate with us!




cheeeeeese!



 
I love being able to say "my kids" or "my girls" how much fun is 2 girls?! I'm in heaven!!!

Renne with a few buddies. Cousin Briar and nursery friend Marki

Lethbridge has many second Low cousins for Renne to play with. This is just a sample of those who could make it! 

I love the magic on her face! She kept asking us to sing to her so she could blow out candles for weeks after! She loved to say "Yaaaaaaah!" for herself after she blew them out.

Renne update: There is definitely never a dull moment with this chick around. Our Renne is so much fun these days. She loves to be busy and she loves to play with her dolls - she calls them "Addie" it's so adorable. She loves being a mini-me and follows me around the house doing everything I do. It's remarkable how impressionable our kids are. Renne is obsessed with every thing I use, from my lotion and my nail polish to my jewelry, she is fascinated with it all. I have caught her several times stealing my "hips" (translation: lip gloss) and putting it on her face. She turns to me with the most hilarious guilty face and says "Mommy, pretty?" It makes me realize just how much she watches and absorbs what I am doing, even if I don't think she's paying attention. She is very pre-occupied with what belongs to who, since the arrival of her baby sister. She will go through everything in our living and identify it as "mommy's, daddy's, Renne's or Addie's". It really has been a rough couple of months for her, and she had lots of adjusting to do after her lil sis showed up, but she is loving being mommy's helper and showing Addie the ropes (most of the time). I can ask her to bring me a diaper or a burp cloth, and she will run to get it for me. Renne loves to read books lately, and absorbs every word. She can identify pretty much anything in her daily routine, and is talking so so well. It makes such a difference when she can express herself! She came out with a lot to say, and has always been very vocal, and her little voice is so sweet. She will go on these vents and just yack her head off to Tim and I. Renne LOVES to sing and her favourites are "Let it Go" and "I Love to See the Temple" she tries so hard to sing the words in her own muffled language and it is truly the most heart warming thing. She loves nursery class and asks me every morning if it's time for nursery. She is doing so well lately being more reverent in church, and she understands more and more what it means to be "good" and "gentle" and I can hear her chatting away to herself during the day, reminding herself to be "nice". I am trying to be sensitive to the fact that she is just crying out for love and attention when she throws a fit, so I frequently wrap her up like a baby, and hold her in my arms and sing to her. She requests for Tim and I to "carry you" and while we encourage being a "big girl", I can't help but think that she is still so little, and won't be asking to be carried for very long, so I gladly do so. She is very attached to her mommy after everything that has happened, and won't let me out of her sight. She loves to wrestle with her daddy and automatically starts running away from him when he walks in the door after work, giggling and waiting for him to chase her. Tim is such an amazing, patient father. He adores playing with Renne, I never have to ask him to help me, he has always been and always will be my equal partner in crime when it comes to the kids. We have so much fun watching our kids interact and grow. There is nothing better. When they are awake they entertain us for hours, and when they are in bed, we talk about them, and when they wake up in the middle of the night we are so excited (maybe a bit of sarcasm). I cannot believe how much Renne has changed and grown, and I am so proud of my big girl. Tim and I know she was sent first for a reason. I know she will be a strong example and leader in our home. Happy Birthday sweet girl. We love watching you grow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment